Grimes, the Canadian musician, and Elon Musk, the billionaire entrepreneur, have had a fluctuating relationship since they began dating in May 2018. Here are some significant events in their relationship timeline:
- In May 2018, Grimes and Musk first appeared together at the Met Gala, which sparked rumors about their relationship.
- In January 2020, On Instagram, Grimes announced her pregnancy with a child fathered by Musk.
- In May 2020, Grimes and Musk had their first child together, a son named X Æ A-12 Musk.
- In December 2021, Grimes and Musk had their second child together through a surrogate.
- In March 2022, Grimes confirmed to Vanity Fair that she and Musk had reunited and had a second child.
- In July 2023, Grimes and Musk were seen together on vacation with their children.
- In January 2023, Grimes announced on Twitter that she and Musk had separated once more.
Grimes referred to her relationship with Musk as 'fluid' and has described him as her 'best friend' and 'the love of her life.' Nevertheless, the couple remained in the public eye and attracted attention for their unusual lifestyle and creative pursuits despite challenges.